Best Tools to Grow A Business Online in 2022
Aside from word-of-mouth, one of the best ways to drive traffic to your online business and get your brand noticed is through online marketing tools.
These kinds of marketing software cover many different areas of online marketing, from search engine optimization to social media marketing.
They can help increase eyes on your content, which in turn can help with conversions, sales, and brand recognition.
If you’re looking to grow your business, take a look at the types of marketing tools below that can help you do that across different marketing channels.
Best Tools to Grow a Business
SEO Tools – grow your business organically
Search engine optimization should be an important part of any small business marketing strategy.
Optimizing your website for on-page factors like titles, keywords, meta descriptions, internal links, and quality content provides a good start in the race to rank at the top of the SERPs (search engine page results).
Combine this with technical SEO factors like:
- Making sure your website loads fast
- You haven’t got any broken links
- Your site is mobile-friendly
- You haven’t got any duplicate content
And you’ll increase your chances of ticking all the boxes for the ranking algorithms.
No one knows the true blueprint for successful SEO, but some tools can help you find problems with your website that stop it from ranking higher. These include keyword tools and backlink tools to find new opportunities and help fill the gaps between your competitors and gain higher domain authority.
Common SEO software features
- Website audits – find any technical problems for you to fix
- Keyword generator – help find keywords based around a given topic
- Competitor research – find out what your competitors are ranking for, find keywords gaps, and the content that gets them the most shares
- Backlink checker – find who’s linking to you by checking inbound links, and helps find other linking opportunities
- Keyword rank tracker – track where you rank for given keywords so you can better focus your efforts
Best SEO software for small business
- Accurate keyword tracking with access to over 20 billion keywords
- Track, analyze and compare competitor websites
- Detailed website SEO audits with recommendations
- Website audits to help with on-page SEO
- Analyse competitors keywords, backlinks & rankings
- Discover new keyword opportunities & track rankings
- Research new keyword opportunities
- Compare competitors domains and PPC campaigns for insights
- SERP Analysis to find better ranking opportunities
Content SEO is another form of search optimization that helps generate the best content ideas. AI. Tools like Frase.io can help to find and generate unique content based on the top search results for your given title or keywords. A great time saver for many companies and content writers, but the content generated needs to be checked for accuracy and plagiarism.
Email Marketing Software – grow your email list
Building an email list and using it to promote products to new customers can provide value to your loyal customers. This type of promotion is another important marketing technique that can help grow your business’s success.
The top email marketing platforms provide you with many different ways to capture leads and promote what you sell. Use signup forms and targeted landing pages to increase the size of your email list and your conversions.
Drag and drop style editors let you create mobile-friendly email campaigns without the need to code, while segmentation and scheduling mean you target the right people at the right time with the right message.
Common email marketing software features
- Sign up forms (Lead generation)
- Landing Page builder
- Drag and drop editor
- Analytics for open rates, click through rates, and link clicks
- A/B testing of email subjects
Best email marketing tools
- Easy to use drag & drop email editor with the ability to add custom html
- Use embedded forms & popups for growing your audience
- Create landing pages to help with conversions and sales
- Segment your mailing list and automatically send your subscribers messages based on their interests
- Schedule when to send your emails, so they are delivered when you want them to be
- Built-in analytics to see how well your campaigns perform
- Best in class 97% delivery rate
- List growth tools including landing pages, text-to-join and social adverts
- Drag and drop email editor with built-in templates for easy email creation
Social Media Management – grow your social media presence
Using different marketing channels is key to a comprehensive online marketing strategy. Picking the right social media channels to promote your business can be tricky and time-consuming.
Enter social media management software. This software lets you manage your social media accounts from a single account.
With many of the best social media tools, you’ll be able to create posts, curate, schedule, and respond to comments and mentions all from within your dashboard.
This cuts the time it takes to create and manage a social media campaign, with many letting you and your team collaborate on them too.
With the right tools, you’ll increase your brand awareness, increase traffic to your website, and improve your brand’s reputation.
Common social management software features
- Post scheduling
- Social interactions
- Omni-channel publishing
- Analytics and Reporting
- Marketing automation
Top social media management tools
- Unlimited scheduled posts across your linked social accounts
- Create a library of evergreen posts & get Edgar to automatically schedule when you run out
- Monitor and A/B test your posts to see what does and doesn't work
- Publishing tools to help plan, and create shareable content for your business
- Analytics and testing tools to help measure your social media performance across accounts
- View all comments and interact with your followers
- Save time planning and publishing, use the composer to add posts no matter the platform
- View scheduled content with details of each post and advert details available with a click
- Monitor organic and paid ad campaigns across social channels
Social Media Management Software
Marketing Automation Software – automate your marketing
Finding ways to save time and streamline processes is a key part of a successful business.
Many online marketing tools have some sort of automation built-in, whether that’s automatically creating invoices from accepted quotes or posting social media content when you’ve run out. The best marketing automation software below, though, takes automating repetitive tasks to the next level, helping you grow your business.
Automation tools provide you with an easy way to set up automation features based on user interactions, events, and actions. You can build custom customer journeys helping to funnel the right people to the right parts of your site or online store to help maximize conversions.
Marketing automation features
- Build customer journeys
- Capture new leads and retain old customers
- Add personalization to sites messaging and emails
- Use filters and tags for targeting
- Automate emails based on visitors behaviour
Best marketing automation tools
- Create & inspire customer journeys
- Capture & convert leads
- Automate events based on user behaviour
- Target the right people at the right time
- Automate your email campaigns
- Easy to use Drag & Drop editor
- Create & customize workflows
- Manage & update data automatically
- Beginner, & advanced workflow automation
- Send emails, SMS & organise contacts based on user actions
- Add A/B testing to your marketing
- Free Plan available
Marketing tools to grow your business online
It’s all well and good creating quality content or having an amazing product to sell, but if no one knows about it, you might as well be selling chocolate to dogs, which is a terrible idea.
That’s where the marketing software above comes into play. Used wisely, it can effectively help to increase your website and business growth in your target markets.
Increasing traffic to a website brings with it the potential for increased sales, and of course, all of this works to get your brand in front of more people, increasing its familiarity.
Choosing which types of marketing channels to focus on first varies depending on what kind of business you’re running.
1. Search engine optimization (SEO) should be started as soon as possible. It can take around 3 – 6 months to see any tangible results and is something that’s continually working in the background to drive more people to your site. Note that it’s a continuous effort and needs to be maintained and revisited regularly.
2. Try and grab emails as soon as possible and start growing your mailing list. It’s a great way to market to people who are already interested in what you do, helping with increased conversions.
3. Pick your social media marketing channels wisely. Do your research and promote where your target audience is. Don’t try to cover all bases straight away, as it’s often too time-consuming for many. Doing one thing great is better than doing many things poorly.
4. Take the time to automate your marketing as much as you can to save time, in the long run, to focus your efforts on growing your business even more.